Edstaston Village Hall dates back to 1922 when villagers clubbed together to buy an ex-WW1 wooden service hut which used to stand on the old Prees Heath Camp a few miles across the fields from Edstaston. The Hut was placed on land donated by the Cholmondeley family and did yeoman service until 1973 when it was obviously beyond repair.
A plan was launched to build a new hall. With true tenacity the Village Hall committee set about raising the considerable sum of £20,000 needed for the new hall. Their sterling efforts along with generous grants meant that by 1976 building started and the new hall was opened in 1977.